Apple Oat Bars v0.1
- 1 C flour (I used K.A.F gluten-free multi-purpose flour)
- 2 C old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/4 ts salt
- 2 ts cinnamon
- 1/2 ts nutmeg
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 apples, grated with the skin on (I used Pink Lady)
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- Combine dry ingredients. Melt butter and mix with wet ingredients; pour over dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased 9 × 9 pan and bake at 350F for ~40 minutes.
Verdict: a little pale on the bake but done inside, some apple flavor. Moisture was about right; oatmeal was cooked without being granola, bars held together nicely. Will try a higher oven temperature next time.