* Matthew and I drove to Richmond to lobby our representatives at the General Assembly. I learned that wearing brand new pair of shoes to an event where you will be walking and standing for most of the day is a stupid, horrible, painful thing to do. I have learned my lesson. I swear, there’s a trail of blood across the marble floors in there.
* I also learned that lobbying means a lot of standing around. In lobbies.
* The baby was mostly sweet, and slightly sour.
* The children spent the day with Clayton and Katie; they played video games and went to Chuck E. Cheese’s.
* After all the kids were asleep, Matthew and I were so tired that we went to bed without dinner. Seriously. We’d intended to get up after a fifteen minute snooze to get food for ourselves, and I woke up around 2:30 in the morning and brushed my teeth and went back to bed.