|1 1/2 C||gluten-free flour|
|1 ts||xanthan gum|
|2 ts||baking powder|
|1/3 C||vegetable oil|
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare a muffin pan by lining it with papers or greasing the wells with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. (Without gluten, there is less danger of overmixing and having tough muffins.)
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
|1/4 C||butter, melted|
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in one bowl, melt the butter in another in the microwave.
- Brush the muffins’ tops with butter, then dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- If you do not have a pastry brush, use a folded piece of clean plastic wrap. It will hold melted butter almost as well, and cleanup is as simple as throwing it away.
- Sherina posted this recipe and I couldn’t resist tweaking it for my gluten-free family. I already have requests for tomorrow’s breakfast. And possibly a batch for dessert.