Gluten-free flour mix
|1/4 C||brown rice flour|
|1/4 C||amaranth flour|
|1/4 C||tapioca flour|
|1/4 C||potato starch|
|1/4 C minus 1 ts||cornstarch|
|1 ts||xanthan gum|
Combine the above flours to make exactly enough gluten-free flour mixture for this recipe. I like to create the flour mix in the exact quantity needed because I hate having leftover flour mixes of assorted types and not enough of any to actually bake something. Substitute your favorite appropriate blend as desired.
|1 1/4 C||gluten-free flour mix|
|1 ts||baking soda|
|3/4 C||butter, softened|
|3/4 C||brown sugar, packed|
|3/4 C||white sugar|
|2 3/4 C||gluten-free rolled oats|
|1 C||walnut pieces|
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
- Combine flour mix, baking soda, spices, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture slowly, beating until incorporated each time.
- Stir in oats, raisins, and nuts.
- Place by rounded tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack.
I purchased gluten-free oats in bulk from Gluten Free Oats
One thought on “GF oatmeal raisin walnut cookies”
OH! These sound delicious!
I haven’t used amaranth flour much, I’m delighted to find a new recipe to make with it. =) Thank you for sharing this!
Comments are closed.