|3 lb||beef chuck roast, ground coarse|
|2 medium||onions (yellow or sweet), diced|
|1 (8 oz) can||tomato paste|
|1 Tb||chili powder (medium or hot)|
|1 Tb||Mexican oregano|
- Brown the ground beef and onion in the large pot until the beef is fully cooked and the onions are beginning to caramelize. Drain if necessary.
- Add tomato paste, seasonings, salt, and water; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Cook over medium heat until most of the water has evaporated and the ingredients have fully combined, about 15 minutes.
- While the taco meat finishes cooking, prepare the fillings and bake the taco shells according to package directions.
- tomatoes, seeded and diced
- lettuce, chiffonaded
- cheese, grated
- hard and/or soft taco shells
- sour cream
- taco sauces
Serve buffet-style for large parties. Make sure to provide a wide variety of taco and hot sauces.